Wednesday 10 February 2016

2inspire Inspirational Woman: Paola Bassanese, Director of Energya Ltd

Meet Paola Bassanese founder and director of well-being and lifestyle service company Energya Ltd. Paola is also a published author and social media consultant. Read her inspirational interview and be encouraged by her tenacity and passion to succeed.

Paola Bassanese, Director of Energya Ltd
Paola Bassanese, Director of Energya Ltd

Please tell us what is a typical business day for you?


No two days are similar, as I handle the social media communications for a number of clients, run my own blog and write books.

As a rule, I check my messages first thing in the morning and I get the day to a good start with a proper breakfast (usually scrambled eggs and coffee). 
You will find me mostly glued to my computer, but I do take time out to get some fresh air and do my daily walk – it's my way to recharge my batteries, brainstorm ideas and do some exercise at the same time.

What made you start the business and how did you get started?


The first iteration of Energya Ltd was purely a wellness company: I realised that the corporate world was plagued by stress and chronic disease and I wanted to find a solution. I trained as a massage therapist and self-funded my studies. Over the years the business has taken a different shape, focusing more on books and consultancy.


Image Credit: Paola Bassanese

What would you say has been your greatest accomplishment in the business world to date?

In my past role as a therapist, winning Best Practitioner in 2010 and being awarded for my contribution as an international businesswoman in 2011 from the Chamber of Commerce in Trieste, Italy.

As a writer, self-publishing four books. I have also translated one of my books from English to Italian as I am bilingual.


What has been your biggest challenge in business so far?


One word: Cashflow.


What are your future plans for the business?


I want to explore new avenues for my writing – I have no intention of building a large corporate company, as to me the corporate world is a step back to a life that I had left behind.


If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently?


I would have prepared a 10 year cashflow plan. 


Why is it so important to inspire young women in particular to follow their dreams?


I think many women suffer from the so-called “imposter syndrome” (I have been guilty of that in the past). They feel they are not good enough or clever enough, but the reality is that there's plenty of opportunities for everybody and it's important to find your calling and make a contribution to society. It's empowering to be in charge of your own destiny.


One of Paola's books

What advice would you give to somebody who wants to start a business in your industry?

I would say that qualifications are essential, but having a good marketing strategy is fundamental. Having the right connections help – you can start by joining a networking group like The 2Inspire Network.


What or who inspires you in business and why?


I used to have role models and used to look up to successful people in business, but realised that I was doing myself a disservice as that mentality made me feel inferior to them. 

My new strategy is to be the best I can be.

Order Paola's books: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paola-Bassanese/e/B00HYUCT3U/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_book_1

http://www.energya.co.uk 
Twitter: http://twitter.com/paolaenergya 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PaolaBassaneseHealthWriter/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment