Tuesday 9 April 2013

2Inspire Business Profile: Fresh Therapies - The UK's First Natural Nail Polish Remover



In this business profile The 2Inspire Network meets Nicola Dickinson the founder of Fresh Therapies Ltd, the first UK-Made natural nail polish remover. We were so excited to meet Nicola and find out about her business, we hope you enjoy this interview.
 
Please tell us what is a typical business day for you?
I work in my home run salon from Wednesday to Friday.  But when I’m not doing treatments the rest of the time is spent working on my product business.
I’m usually at my desk by 7.30am.  That’s not too difficult as I work from home. I try to keep all meetings to Mondays & Tuesdays.
I usually make a To Do List the night before.
Fullfilling orders gets done first.  Then I’m onto my email list, phone calls and researching for new clients.  I keep an eye on Twitter throughout the day too, as I gain many contacts from here.
My monthly goal planner board is kept a check on every day too.
After some family time at evening meal I’m back at the desk keeping people updated on my business Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages.
Then start again with the next day’s To Do List.

What made you start the business and how did you get started?
I wanted to use a natural nail polish remover in my treatments in my home run salon and I couldn’t find one.  So I decided that I would find a company to make one for me.
I approached Business Link and had a chat with them regarding the next steps to take and started my research. Once I found a company that could help with making my formula the company had got it’s legs and was off.

What would you say has been your greatest accomplishment in the business world to date?
Being able to say that my product is the first one to be made in the UK

What has been your biggest challenge in business so far?
Having to find a new manufacturer within the UK before my stock ran out. After my first manufacturers took a different direction.  This took me three months



What are your future plans for the business?
The goal is to have a complete hand, foot and body care range within 5 years.  With more of an international and department store  presence.

If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently?
I would have done a more indepth business plan. Made my goals more defined and asked a lot more questions of the people I was working with in certain project areas. Don’t be scared of people saying no.

Why is it so important to inspire young women in particular to follow their dreams?
You’re only young once, you really have to make it count.  Don’t get to a stage in your life and have to think If Only or What If. It’s your dream and no one can or will live it for you.  Do what makes you happy and everything else fits in.


What advice would you give to somebody who wants to start a business in your industry?
Research, Research and Research.  Get as much training and experience as you can. Always ask questions and choose one or two people not family who you can confide in.  You need to off load with someone you can trust 100%

What or who inspires you in business and why?

People who walk their talk, and those that really show passion for what they do and are willing to share and give back.


What is your favourite inspirational quote?
Feel the fear and do it anyway.  The title of the great book by Susan Jeffers



Nicola Dickinson
Fresh Therapies Ltd
02380 739595




No comments:

Post a Comment